Yes. According to the economic condition of each student, students may apply for and receive not only a partial or a full tuition exemption, but also various scholarships, such as from the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO).

In addition, it also is possible for third-year students and above to apply for an associate researcher position or to be a fellow of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS).

For further information, please see here.